Concessional car parking fees in NSW public hospitals
NSW Health recognises the burden that regular or long term hospitalisation and/or treatment places on patients and their carers. From 1 July 2017 vulnerable patients and their carers will now have improved access to public hospital car parking.
Concession rates are now available for eligible patients and their carers who require regular or long term hospitalisation and/or treatment, in all public hospital car parks in NSW where fees applied.
Public hospitals where car parking is provided at no cost will not be affected unless the site is subject to future car park development.
Visit www.parking.health.nsw.gov.au for further information on concessional parking at your local public hospital or download our app NSW Health hospital parking and directions on Google play or iTunes.
Who is eligible for concessional car parking?
Patients and carers eligible to obtain concession rates when parked in public hospital car parks include;
- Holders of a RMS issued Mobility Parking Scheme permit;
- Holders of a Pensioner Concession Card;
- Holders of a Gold Veterans Affairs Card;
- Holders of a Health Care Card;
- Ongoing cancer treatment patients;
- Patients and their carers who are required to attend the hospital/facility for a course of treatment over a period of time greater than one week;
- Patients and their carers attending more frequently than twice weekly, including carers of long term patients who visit frequently;
- Cardiac rehabilitation education and exercise class attendees;
- Daily dressing outpatients;
- Health promotion education class attendees.
Others may be eligible. Please refer to patient information services at NSW public hospitals for further information.
How do you claim your concession rate?
Eligible patients, their carers, and holders of concession cards are required to present their parking ticket, photo identification and concession card or request for concessional rates at one of the NSW public hospital administrative points prior to exiting the car park.
To locate the appropriate NSW public hospital administrative point please visit www.parking.health.nsw.gov.au.
- 0 – 3 hours; Free
- 3 plus hours; $5.40* one exit only per 24 hours
- 3 day ticket; $10.90* frequent use allowing multiple entries and exits in a 3 day period
- 7 day ticket; $21.70* frequent use allowing multiple entries and exits in a 7 day period
Patient Enquiry Desk Locations
The Sutherland Hospital
- Enquiry Counter; Main Entrance of the Hospital, 0830 to 1800 Monday to Sunday
- After Hours; please contact the Enquiries office, 1800 to 2200 Monday to Sunday
Randwick Campus (For Prince of Wales Hospital & The Royal Hospital for Women)
- Enquiry Counter; Barker Street entrance, 0830 to 2030, Monday to Sunday
- After Hours; Applicants will be directed to the Car Park office which is staffed 24/7.
St George Hospital
- atient Enquiry Counter; Gray Street entrance, Ground Floor, Tower Ward Block 0800 to 2000, Monday to Friday and 1000 to 2000, Saturday and Sunday
- After Hours; Emergency Department Counter, Gray Street entrance 1600 to 2100, Monday to Sunday
Sydney/Sydney Eye Hospital
- Enquiry Counter; Cashiers Office, Ground Floor, Administration Block
- After Hours; Emergency Department Counter