Live Life Well @ School
Live Life Well @ School (LLW@S) is a collaborative initiative between NSW Ministry of Health and the education sectors in NSW.
The LLW@S program encourages a whole school approach to creating environments which enable children to eat healthily and be physically active.
Local schools participating in LLW@S can access support including:
- Whole staff professional learning opportunities related to physical activity and healthy eating
- Face to face, email and phone support
- Canteen menu reviews and support to implement the new NSW Healthy School Canteen Strategy
- Assistance planning and implementing whole school initiatives related to healthy eating and physical activity
- Access to teaching resources
- Regular LLW@S newsletters and snippets to include in school newsletters
- Check out the Healthy Kids website for more information about the program
If you are a Principal or teacher interested in support for your school please use contact details below.
Each term our Live Life Well @ School team coordinate free professional learning workshops for primary schools teachers teaching the K-6 Personal Development, Health and Physical Education (PDHPE) syllabus. This PDHPE network is open to teachers from all schools in the local government areas of Woollahra, Waverley, Randwick, Bayside, Georges River and Sutherland Shire. Local schools host the PDHPE Network. Topics are linked to teaching physical education and healthy eating.
If you are a primary school teacher interested in these workshops please use contact details below.