Any new research study or protocol amendment using radioactive substances or irradiating apparatus and involving exposure of volunteers and/or patients to ionising radiation must be submitted to the Radiation Safety Officer for review:
- The Radiation Safety Officer for Prince of Wales Hospital is Brent Rogers (firstname.lastname@example.org) or PH 9382 8067.
- The Radiation Safety Officer for St George and Sutherland Hospitals is Erin McKay (email@example.com) or PH 9113 3130.
“Where the project requires access to data from specific collections held at the Public Health Organisation, the Principal Investigator must obtain a declaration of support from an appropriate authority for data provision in the form. The authority, as determined by the Public Health Organisation, is generally the data custodian who is responsible for the management of that data collection.” Research - Authorisation to Commence Human Research in NSW Public Health Organisations: NSW Health
Specific collections would include patients’ health records. Appropriate authorisations for these collections are:
- Prince of Wales/ Royal Hospital for Women: Siobhan Tooher (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- St George Hospital: Vivienne Rowlands (email@example.com)
- The Sutherland Hospital: Rachel Kelloway (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sydney Hospital/ Sydney Eye Hospital: Lyudmila Nikolenko (email@example.com)
“Where the project requires additional support and provision of services from other departments within the Public Health Organisation, the Principal Investigator must obtain a declaration of support from the heads of these departments in the form.” Research - Authorisation to Commence Human Research in NSW Public Health Organisations: NSW Health
Researchers who wish to use NSW Health Pathology services must obtain NSW Health pathology approval before submitting the SSA Form to the Research Governance Office. Erin Brighten (Erin.Brighten@health.nsw.gov.au) is the NSW Health Pathology Clinical Project Manager for SESLHD.
Prince of Wales Hospital: Camillo Pavan (Camillo.Pavan@health.nsw.gov.au)- PH 93822719
St George Hospital: Jonathan Devasagayam (Jonathan.Devasagayam@health.nsw.gov.au)- PH 91133382
Prince of Wales Hospital: Joanne O'Brien (Joanne.OBrien@health.nsw.gov.au)
St George Hospital- Susan Tran-Nguyen (Susan.TranNguyen@health.nsw.gov.au)
Sydney/Sydney Eye Hospital- Judith Hampson (Judith.Hampson@health.nsw.gov.au)