Kirketon Road Centre (KRC) uses a variety of ways to support ‘at risk’ young people and make it easier for them to access to health care.
Youth Satellite Clinics
KRC runs youth-friendly health clinics each week, at two inner-city locations. Our youth satellite clinics are designed to be comfortable places where young people can get to know the staff, ask questions and get access to free health care.
We offer information and services on issues such as:
- sexual health, including STI and HIV testing and treatment
- needle syringe program, including free injecting and safer sex equipment
- drug and alcohol information and treatment
- general medical care
- housing assistance
- Hep C information and treatment
How do I access the program?
Talk to our Nursing Unit Manager on 9360 2766.
Free, anonymous care
Our services are:
- provided by experts: multidisciplinary doctors, nurses and counsellors
- available without a referral
- available without a Medicare card
KRC also offers comprehensive HIV services as well as general medical care.
Health Education & Workforce Development
KRC partners with a range of youth services to provide youth health education in a variety of areas including sexual health, blood-borne virus prevention and harm minimisation.
We also deliver workforce development training packages for the youth sector including Youth at Risk hepatitis C prevention training, Sticky Stuff sexual health training and Youth Mental Health First Aid training. Get in touch to find out more about our partnerships and training programs.
To find out more about the Youth Project, talk to our Nursing Unit Manager.