Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)
What we do?
CAMHS is a specialist mental health service for consumers under 18 years old or consumers who are currently enrolled in secondary school. We offer short to medium term assistance to infants, children, adolescent and their family and carers who are experiencing emotional, behavioural and social difficulties. We used both individually tailored and family focused interventions to the improve the wellbeing of the consumer.
What to expect?
Our multidisciplinary team will collaborate with the consumer, their family and carer to match and provide the best care. We offer comprehensive assessment, advocacy, counselling, group programs and other services. This includes:
- Individual therapy, family therapy and group therapy
- Referrals to other community health care providers
- Linkage to school-based supports
- Offer home-visits under some circumstances
- Arrange family focussed support to consumers with moderate and severe health difficulties that are non-life threatening (non-acute)
- Pathways to specialist programs such as Getting on Track (GOT It) program for children between 5-8 years old or enrolled in Kindergarten to Year 2, and the Perinatal Infant Mental Health Service (PIMHS) for women and families affected by severe and complex mental illness.
For any mental distress, please call the NSW Mental Health Line on 1800 011 511. If life is at risk please call Triple Zero (000) to receive immediate help.