Co-location Employment Program
What we do?
The Co-location Employment Program aims to improve employment outcomes for consumers with a mental illness by co-locating an employment consultant from a local disability employment service, Direct Employment in the community mental health teams The Program is available to consumers of St George & Sutherland Mental Health Service who are motivated to work, able to work 8 hours or more, and is an active participant in the job seeking process.
What to expect?
The Direct Employment Consultant:
- Collaboratively works with the consumer and mental health team to help achieve employment goals
- Facilitates work related appointments with Centrelink
- Assists the consumer in searching for competitive employment of their choice
- Provides assistance in preparing for job interviews
- Help address any issues arising from the job or employer
- Assists the consumer with job retention and provides ongoing support.
For any mental distress, please call the NSW Mental Health Line on 1800 011 511. If life is at risk please call Triple Zero (000) to receive immediate help.