Go4Fun is a FREE 10-week healthy lifestyle program for NSW kids aged 7-13 who are above a healthy weight. Children will make new friends while they learn good eating habits, get active and become more confident. As a parent, you’ll meet other Go4Fun mums and dads from South Eastern Sydney in a supportive, friendly environment.
The Go4Fun program is free for NSW families with children:
• Aged 7 – 13 years
• Above a healthy weight
• A parent or carer available to attend each session
It’s not always easy to tell if a child is a healthy weight for their age and height. The easiest way to check is to use the Body Mass Index (BMI) of age calculator.
The program consists of 10 sessions, delivered once a week for 2 hours. Highlights include:
- Fun games and activities for children
- Interactive discussions to support your family to make healthier lifestyle choices
- Practical demonstrations, games and tips on healthy foods, label reading and portion sizes – including a supermarket tour!
Each term we run programs run in locations across Randwick, Bayside, Georges River and Sutherland Local Government Areas.
Over 1000 children in South Eastern Sydney have already participated in the program.
This is what one family has to say-
‘Go4Fun has been a wonderful experience for our family to have been involved in. It is a very well thought out program delivered in the most relaxed, enjoyable atmosphere by a terrific and great team of leaders. Not only did my kids enjoy the program, I thoroughly did as well. By attending Go4Fun, I have managed to implement changes at home that are both positive and critical to having a healthy and active family.’ – Paul Murrow
The Health Promotion Service partners with local Aboriginal organisations to co-deliver the Go4Fun healthy lifestyle program for NSW kids aged 7-13 years. Aboriginal facilitators work with qualified health professionals to deliver a fun and interactive program which helps Aboriginal families to be fitter, healthier and happier.
About the Program
Go4Fun is a 10 week FREE healthy lifestyle program for children aged 7-13 years run by qualified health professionals.
- The program has been culturally adapted and will run after school hours, once a week for 10 weeks.
- Aboriginal facilitators will work with qualified health professionals to deliver a program for Aboriginal families that is fun, interactive and positively shapes children’s health.
- The program covers nutritional information on a variety of topics such as serving sizes, how to read food labels, survival tips when eating out and recipe ideas.
- Children and families learn how to set health related goals and the importance of increasing their time spent physically active.
Check out some of the awesome resources you will receive on the program!
- Free transport
- Back pack
- Water bottle
- Healthy habits booklet
- Recipe book
Go4Fun® Online consists of 10 free online sessions and weekly phone calls from a trained and qualified coach to help keep your family on track. The program provides information and support to improve eating and activity habits and is specifically for families in NSW who are unable to attend the face to face version of the program. Find out more at https://go4funonline.com.au/.
FREE CALL 1800 780 900
SMS for a call back 0409 745 645
Referrals are also accepted from health professionals, organisations, friends and family members.