NSW Sexual Health Infolink
The NSW Sexual Health Infolink (SHIL) is a state-wide, nurse-led, NSW Health sexual health service. We are part of Population and Community Health (PaCH) within South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD). Our telephone lines have been staffed by experienced sexual health nurses since 1989. We handle on average 10,000 calls per year.
Our service provides the public NSW Health with:
- Information on HIV, Hepatitis and Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs).
- Information on and access to HIV Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) and Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP).
- Information on Where to get tested for HIV and STIs, including self-test and virtual testing options.
- Sexual health risk assessments (including symptoms assessment).
- Referral and/or booking to sexual health services.
- Support for complex partner notification (contact tracing).
Our service supports doctors, nurses and allied health care workers in NSW with:
- Clinical advice on the management of STIs, blood-borne viruses (BBVs)and other emerging infections.
- Up-to-date evidence-based HIV and STI testing and treatment guidelines.
- Clinical support for PEP and PrEP prescribing.
- Specialist HIV and Syphilis support and complex partner notification.
- Referral to staff specialists in Sexual Health and Infectious Diseases.
SHIL is a key partner in the initiatives of the NSW HIV Strategy 2021-2025, the NSW Hepatitis C Strategy 2022-2025, and the NSW Sexually Transmitted Infections Strategy 2022-2026.
SHIL provides project management and clinical support services for: