Surgical Research Society Showcase
Eastern and Greater Southern Surgical Skills Training Network Research and Quality Showcase 2021
This Showcase is a virtual conference-style event that celebrates and acknowledges the many contributions to research and quality improvement made by staff across all sites in the Eastern and Greater Southern Surgical Skills Network including Prince of Wales Hospital, St Vincent's Hospital, Sydney Children's Hospital, Griffith Base Hospital, Wagga Wagga Base Hospital and more.
A total of 12 submissions were received from Network trainees this year.
Surgical Research Society Showcase Presentation
The 2021 Research and Quality Showcase was sponsored by MIPS and MIGA. The full presentation from the evening can be found here.
1. Dr Benjamin Tassie - Are there post-operative benefits of fascia iliaca blocks performed in ED for patients with a neck of femur fracture?
2. Dr Thomas Warburton - Setting up a Chest Injury Protocol in a Rural Hospital
3. Dr Bryan McManus - Large splenic artery aneurysm - an effective approach to highly tortuous vessels
4. Dr Hayden Ly - The Australia and New Zealand Diabetic and Ischaemic Foot Outcomes Study
5. Dr Rory Marples - Rectal Foreign Bodies: A Single-Centre 20-year Retrospective Review
1. Dr Avinesh Chelliah - A Surgical Skills Logbook for Junior Doctors
2. Dr Connor O'Meara - Histones - The Dark of Immunity
3. Dr John Kandiah - Effect of Enhanced Interactive Text Messages and Phone Instruction on the Quality of Bowel Preparation for Colonoscopy: A Randomised Controlled Trial
4. Dr Melissa Wright - Percutaneous Spyglass cholangioscopy for treatment of intrahepatic bile duct calculi
5. Dr Nicholas Skladnev - Efficacy and safety of intraoperative tranexamic acid in extracapsular hip fractures
6. Dr Thomas Warburton - Impact of Homelessness on Surgical Outcomes