HIV Testing, Treatment and Care
We provide free and confidential testing, treatment, and care for people living with HIV, and those at risk of becoming infected with HIV. This includes
- HIV antibody testing, including rapid testing
- pre- and post-test support
- specialist services in assessment and treatment of HIV and AIDS-related conditions
- highly active antiretroviral treatment (HAART).
Testing frequently is an important way to maintain your health and the health of our community, since getting onto treatment quickly can prevent new HIV transmissions.
Kirketon Road Centre offers testing services.
Clinic 180 hosts the ACON a[TEST] clinic, which is a fast, free, and confidential rapid HIV and STI testing service for men who have sex with men, regardless of HIV status. You will get your HIV test results in 30 minutes. You can book an appointment through the ACON website
Kirketon Road Centre offers holistic treatment for HIV-positive people. Our health and counselling staff have years of experience in managing HIV – including:
- new diagnosis support
- choosing the right medication
- regular blood tests
- general medical care
- prevention and management of complications
- ongoing counselling
- appropriate referrals when needed.
If you are not eligible for Medicare and you need HIV treatment, we can help arrange free access to medication.
PEP & PrEP
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) is a course of treatment for anyone who thinks they may have been put at risk of HIV infection.
Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) is a very effective medication which prevents HIV if taken before exposure (eg through sex or sharing a needle).
HIV services are offered at:
- Kirketon Road Centre (testing, treatment and care services)
- Clinic 180 (rapid testing available 3.30-6.30pm Saturday only by appointment)
How do I access the program?
Free, anonymous care
Our services are:
- provided by experts: multidisciplinary doctors, nurses and counsellors
- available without a referral
- available without a Medicare card
For further information give us a call on 02 9360 2766.