Gynaecology Outpatient Clinic
The Sutherland Hospital Gynaecology clinic is known for exceptional gynaecology services.
Our specialist team consists of highly experienced, multi-skilled and dedicated surgeons.
Together, they offer women a range of gynaecological treatment and surgical options:
- Abnormal bleeding (heavy/irregular bleeding/fibroids/laparoscopic (keyhole) myomectomy, hysterectomy)
- Colposcopy - abnormal cervical screening (Pap smear)
- Contraception (including intrauterine device insertion/removal)
- Incontinence (leaking urine)
- Menopause symptoms
- Ovarian cyst
- Pelvic pain
|Dr Amani Harris||General Gynaecology, Endometriosis|
|Dr John Breen||Gynaecology, Colposcopy|
|Dr Chandra Krishnan||General Gynaecology|
|Dr Dean Conrad||General Gynaecology, Pelvic Floor|
|Every 2nd Monday||13.30-16.00|
|Every 2nd Thursday||14.00-16.00|
|Every 2nd Friday||9.40-12.00|
Clinic day allocation is based on clinical presentation.
Patients greater than age 16*
*Unless previously specified by Sutherland Gynaecology Team
The process for referring a patient is:
- GP/referrer to send through referral (email preferred to expedite referral)
- The referral will be checked to ensure it is valid, if not extra information will be sourced from the referrer;
- If valid the referral will be triaged by clinic doctor;
- Appointment made as per doctor’s recommendation; Clinic day allocation based on clinical presentation
- Patient notified by confirmation letter as well as a text/call 1 week prior to appointment.
PLEASE NOTE: A decision tree will be available on the website to explain the process to GPs and patients.
A valid referral requires:
- Written by a medical practitioner in a private practice or an SMO;
- Written to a named Doctor within the clinic;
- Signed and dated by referring practitioner and include their Provider Number and place of practice;
- Include length of referral, unless it is a 12 month referral;
- Patient to have signed financial consent form.
Yes. All referrals are prioritised and allocated according to criteria.
Nil for Medicare card holders
Non-Medicare holders - $162 per consultation