Women's Health and Neonatal Clinical Stream
The Women’s and Neonatal Clinical Stream works collaboratively across South Eastern Sydney Local Health District providing leadership and supporting a comprehensive range of women’s (gynaecological, gynaeco-oncological, maternity) and neonatal inpatient and outpatient services, at The Royal Hospital for Women, St George Hospital and The Sutherland Hospital.
|Neonatal Intensive Service
|Special Care Nursery Services
|Postnatal Paediatric Precinct
|Growth and Development Clinic
|Pasteurised Donor Human Milk for Vulnerable Infants Program
|Chemical Use in Pregnancy Service (CUPS) Clinic
|Newborn Follow-up Clinic
|Hospital in the Home Service (HiTH)
|Nausea and Vomiting in Pregnancy Service
|Midwifery Models of Care including Midwifery Group Practice, Midwifery Antenatal Postnatal Program
|Specialty Outpatients Clinics
|Breastfeeding Support Services
Specialties Gynaecology, Gynaecology Oncology Care
|Gynaecology Outpatient Services
|Gynaecology Oncology Outpatient Services
|Gynaecology/Gynaecology Oncology Inpatient Services
|Early Pregnancy Assessment Clinics
- Supporting Tiered Networking Arrangements for Perinatal Care in NSW and SESLHD Tiered Perinatal Network Operational Plan with implementation of Pregnancy Connect project manager
- Maintaining SESLHD/Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (ISLHD) Neonatal Service Steering Committee
- Increase neonatal intensive care bed base and physical space to enable the delivery of contemporary models of care, which includes provision of care by parents
- Maintain reciprocal accreditation with Sydney Children's Hospital (SCH)
- Utilising NSW Health 2022 Maternity and Capability Guideline to continue build relationships with local hospitals in the Tiered maternity network (SESLHD & ISLHD) enabling those babies suitable to transfer to sites closer to their homes and freeing up space in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
- Providing ongoing consultation and guidance for the implementation for the Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG) Initiative so that all women have access to consistent, integrated continuous care
- Implementing Connecting listening and responding – A Blueprint for Action – Maternity Care NSW. The Blueprint aims to ensure all women, their partners and families receive respectful, evidence based and equitable maternity care that improves their experience and health and wellbeing outcomes
- Supporting clinical leadership in the Prevention of Venous Thromboembolism providing consultation for maternity VTE eHealth build.
- Creation of a pathway for medical termination of early pregnancy
- Digitalisation and Integration of Gynaecology, Gynaecology Oncology medical records.
- Facilitate a combined neonatal, medical and nursing education program with St George Hospital, The Sutherland Hospital and Wollongong
- Creation of a pathway for medical termination of early pregnancy.
Mothersafe - a free telephone service for the women of NSW, based at the Royal Hospital for Women, Randwick