Fundraise for Us
With your support we can continue to make advancements that help us to purchase patient comfort items, invest in the most up-to-date medical equipment and facilities and undertake innovative research that saves lives.
Organising and running a community fundraising event does involve time and no small amount of dedication, but it is also a lot of fun and extremely rewarding knowing that your efforts and those of your family, friends, work colleagues and your community have helped make a difference to the lives of many.
Community fundraising ideas
Have fun raising money for St George Hospital – here are a few of our popular fundraising ideas to provide you with a little inspiration:
- Host a BBQ - sizzle some snags and enjoy frosty drinks with friends, family and workmates in the park or your very own backyard. Perfect for warmer weather!
- Hold a fete, garage or car boot sale – they do say one person’s trash is another person’s treasure
- Organise a bike ride, hike or fun run in a scenic location and inspire your supporters to get active
- Arrange a brunch, lunch, afternoon treats or after work drinks – whatever the time of day, your workmates will welcome the chance to take a break, catch up and support a great cause!
- Organise a casual day and offer colleagues the chance to enjoy a day free of suits, uniforms or clothing that’s been neatly ironed
- Run a raffle or hold an auction with prizes large or small – often the fun lies in just buying a ticket or bidding against a friend
- Get competitive – organise a trivia night
- Hold a dinner party for friends, family or colleagues
- Organise a concert – you might know of a great band or performer who’d be willing to play for your supporters listening pleasure
- Plan a gala ball or evening extravaganza – offer your supporters the chance to dress up to the nines and enjoy an amazing night out
- Organise an outing to an exhibition of interest at an art gallery or museum and ask for a donation
- Stage a fashion parade with contemporary, historical or quirky outfits
- Organise a film premiere and enjoy the post-movie catch-up
- Sell tickets for a play, a comedy act or a classical concert – whatever you think your supporters will enjoy and pay a little extra for
For information on how to get started, download the Community Fundraising Toolkit and the External Fundraising Application Form
Further Information or assistance on fundraising for St George Hospital
Community Relations Department
Ph (02) 9113 2901