Fundraise for Us
With your support we can continue to make advancements that help us to purchase patient comfort items, invest in the most up-to-date medical equipment and facilities and undertake innovative research that saves lives.
Organising and running a community fundraising event does involve time and no small amount of dedication, but it is also a lot of fun and extremely rewarding knowing that your efforts and those of your family, friends, work colleagues and your community have helped make a difference to the lives of many.
Community fundraising ideas
Have fun raising money for St George Hospital – here are a few of our popular fundraising ideas to provide you with a little inspiration:
- Host a BBQ - sizzle some snags and enjoy frosty drinks with friends, family and workmates in the park or your very own backyard. Perfect for warmer weather!
- Hold a fete, garage or car boot sale – they do say one person’s trash is another person’s treasure
- Organise a bike ride, hike or fun run in a scenic location and inspire your supporters to get active
- Arrange a brunch, lunch, afternoon treats or after work drinks – whatever the time of day, your workmates will welcome the chance to take a break, catch up and support a great cause!
- Organise a casual day and offer colleagues the chance to enjoy a day free of suits, uniforms or clothing that’s been neatly ironed
- Run a raffle or hold an auction with prizes large or small – often the fun lies in just buying a ticket or bidding against a friend
- Get competitive – organise a trivia night
- Hold a dinner party for friends, family or colleagues
- Organise a concert – you might know of a great band or performer who’d be willing to play for your supporters listening pleasure
- Plan a gala ball or evening extravaganza – offer your supporters the chance to dress up to the nines and enjoy an amazing night out
- Organise an outing to an exhibition of interest at an art gallery or museum and ask for a donation
- Stage a fashion parade with contemporary, historical or quirky outfits
- Organise a film premiere and enjoy the post-movie catch-up
- Sell tickets for a play, a comedy act or a classical concert – whatever you think your supporters will enjoy and pay a little extra for
Further Information or assistance on fundraising for St George Hospital
Community Relations Department
Ph (02) 9113 2901