Dermatologists are specialist medical doctors who provide care and treatment for skin, hair and nail diseases.
We care for and treat people with skin cancers such as:
- Basal cell carcinoma
- Squamous cell carcinoma
Please note all referrals must be accompanied with all recent Pathology and Biopsy reports. This is required for referrals to be accepted. Please note on referral if no biopsy has been conducted
Dr Sullivan works as a consultant dermatologist in private and public practice based in the Sutherland Shire Sydney where he is also involved in education and clinical research.
Dr Sullivan completed a fellowship in clinical pharmacology and drug safety at the University of Toronto.
Dr Sullivan has an interest in medical dermatology and is a member of the steering committee of the Australasian Medical Dermatology Collaboration. He is a member of the Australasian Society of Cosmetic Dermatology with subspecialty interests including laser medicine. Dr Sullivan regularly presents at local and international meetings and contributes to peer reviewed journals and medical publications.
Monday Afternoon: 13.00 - 16.00
Conditions treated at The Sutherland Hospital are skin cancers such as basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma.
This service does not routinely offer treatment for the following:
- Patients being treated for the same condition at another NSW hospital (special arrangements can be made for children under 18 years of age via CARS - Children Acute Review Service)
- Routine skin checks (only provided for high-risk patients e.g. solid organ transplant patients). Refer to the NSW Health and SESLHD supported skin cancer service at Integrated Specialist Healthcare Service https://ishc.org.au/find-a-service/skin-cancer/
- Venous ulceration and venous ulcers (refer to Vascular Surgery)
- Sexually transmitted diseases (refer to ID)
- Cosmetic Conditions
- Laser Dermatology
- Warts (for warts that have persisted for more than 6 months despite treatment. Contact the dermatology registrar for advice.)
- Mild Acne
The process for referring a patient is:
- GP/referrer to send through referral via fax to 02 9540 8796
- The referral will be checked to ensure it is valid. If not valid then extra information will be sourced from the referrer
- If valid the referral will be triaged by clinic doctor
- Appointment made as per doctor’s recommendation
- Patient notified by confirmation letter as well as a text/call 1 week prior to appointment
A valid referral requires:
- Written by a medical practitioner in a private practice or an SMO
- Written to a named doctor within the clinic
- Signed and dated by referring practitioner and include their Provider Number and place of practice
- Include length of referral, unless it is a 12 month referral
- Patient to have signed financial consent form.
All referrals are prioritised and allocated according to criteria.
If you hold a valid Medicare card the visit and procedures are Bulk Billed.
If you do not hold a Medicare card a fee will be charged on arrival, please contact the clinic for further information
Please let us know if you need an interpreter.
You can contact us by telephoning the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 131 450. Tell the operator what language you speak, and then ask the interpreter to set up a telephone conversation between you, an interpreter, and us on 9540 7067.