How we can help you (What we do)
The Sydney and Sydney Eye Hospital Hand Unit cares for patients with hand and wrist conditions.
Where are we located?
The Hand Unit is on the second floor of the main building.
The three areas of The Hand Unit are:
• In-patient ward
• The Hand Clinic
• The Hand Therapy Department.
Medical Staff are available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
Any person with a hand, wrist or forearm injury or condition.
Our team includes:
- hand doctors
- hand nurses
- hand therapists
- social workers
- clerical staff
Our team will help you:
• learn about your hand surgery/condition
• help you to look after your hand after your injury
• give you information about your hand injury
• give support to you or family/carer
We work with:
- your local family doctor
- local hand therapy clinics
- local community nurse
We all work together to help with your care and recovery.
The Sydney and Sydney Eye Hospital Hand Unit provides:
- medical reviews
- hand clinic education
- hand therapy education
Information for Referring Health Professionals