Aboriginal Hospital Liaison Service
How we can help you
We acknowledge that Sydney and Sydney Eye Hospital is situated on land traditionally owned by the Gadigal people of the Eora nation. We pay our respects to elders past and present.
We welcome all patients, their families, carers and friends to our hospital.
We ask all patients if they identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. If they answer yes, we will contact our Aboriginal Hospital Liaison Officer and let them know you are here.
Coming to hospital by yourself can be hard. The Aboriginal Hospital Liaison Officer can come and have a yarn if you are feeling lonely or worried, or if you are dealing with sorry business.
The Aboriginal Hospital Liaison Officer is able to help by:
• Talking to the staff in the hospital for you
• Giving you information about your visit in the hospital
• Giving you information about your rights and responsibilities
• Finding other services who can help you
• Help you find a place to sleep if you are from the country
• Helping you to fill in forms
• Organising help for you at home if you need it