COVID-19: Changes to St George Paediatrics
23rd March 2020
All clinics will be closed from 28th March 2020 until further notice.
Telehealth will be offered for all existing patient appointments.
New referrals will be triaged weekly as usual, but there may be a delay before you are offered an appointment.
If you believe we have misunderstood the complexity or urgency of your child’s appointment please contact us by email on SESLHD-STGPAEDIATRICS@health.nsw.gov.au
New rules limit visitors to one parent only.
The following people must not visit Children’s Ward, Special Care Nursery or Post-Natal Ward:
- Children under 18 years old (including siblings)
- Grandparents and elderly relatives
- People in quarantine, home isolation, unwell with any illness or who have had contact with people infected with COVID-19
Elective Surgery and MRI under General Anaesthetic
- It is likely that the elective surgery list and MRIs will be disrupted.
- You will be notified of any delays as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
We strive to provide high-quality paediatric specialist healthcare for the infants, children and young people of our local community.
If your child needs ‘urgent’ medical review, it is important to visit your general practitioner [GP] within working hours or for true emergencies after hours - the paediatric emergency department. It is not possible for our administrative staff to assist distressed parents requesting ‘urgent’ clinic appointments.
Prior to the hospital clinic appointment, we are inviting families to send us information on what concerns they would like us to address with them during the clinic appointment.