St George Paediatrics Special Care Nursery
COVID-19: Changes to St George Paediatrics
23rd March 2020
All clinics will be closed from 28th March 2020 until further notice.
Telehealth will be offered for all existing patient appointments.
New referrals will be triaged weekly as usual, but there may be a delay before you are offered an appointment.
If you believe we have misunderstood the complexity or urgency of your child’s appointment please contact us by email on SESLHD-STGPAEDIATRICS@health.nsw.gov.au
New rules limit visitors to one parent only.
The following people must not visit Children’s Ward, Special Care Nursery or Post-Natal Ward:
- Children under 18 years old (including siblings)
- Grandparents and elderly relatives
- People in quarantine, home isolation, unwell with any illness or who have had contact with people infected with COVID-19
Elective Surgery and MRI under General Anaesthetic
- It is likely that the elective surgery list and MRIs will be disrupted.
- You will be notified of any delays as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
We accommodate preterm babies of 32 weeks gestation and above who need oxygen, intravenous therapy or treatment and monitoring.
Did you know that extended periods of skin-to-skin contact with either parent benefits your baby, particularly if they have been born premature or are unwell.
Our Special Care Nursery nurses and doctors