COVID-19: Changes to St George Paediatrics
23rd March 2020
All clinics will be closed from 28th March 2020 until further notice.
Telehealth will be offered for all existing patient appointments.
New referrals will be triaged weekly as usual, but there may be a delay before you are offered an appointment.
If you believe we have misunderstood the complexity or urgency of your child’s appointment please contact us by email on SESLHD-STGPAEDIATRICS@health.nsw.gov.au
New rules limit visitors to one parent only.
The following people must not visit Children’s Ward, Special Care Nursery or Post-Natal Ward:
- Children under 18 years old (including siblings)
- Grandparents and elderly relatives
- People in quarantine, home isolation, unwell with any illness or who have had contact with people infected with COVID-19
Elective Surgery and MRI under General Anaesthetic
- It is likely that the elective surgery list and MRIs will be disrupted.
- You will be notified of any delays as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
The St. George Hospital paediatric service strives to provide high-quality paediatric specialist healthcare to the babies, children, young people and their families of our local community.
We have always prioritised caring for vulnerable children, who are at higher risk of poor health outcomes. We are focused on improvements to patient care and patient safety through provision of multi-disciplinary skills training for clinicians, ensuring they are well supported and remain highly motivated to care for you. Beyond our service, we are actively networked with other metro paediatric services, in taking a leadership role, teaching and sharing ideas towards improving models of paediatric care.
"Provide excellent care for children and young people, closer to home".
"We aim to streamline paediatric care between community and hospital services through collaboration with primary health care providers"