Jump Start! An Introduction to Project Management
This full day workshop is ideal for staff leading a project and will provide them with the knowledge and skills to begin project management planning and understand and learn about the importance of team dynamics to facilitate change.
After attending this workshop participants will be able to increase their understanding in the key elements of project management including:
- Project planning; aim, scope, time, budget, governance and structure, key stakeholders, communication plan, risks and issues
- Document a project
- Understanding their own social style and how to work best with other styles
- Learn the role and focus of the facilitator and how to encourage group participation
- Explore practice techniques to better manager people in a group setting.
Who is the course for?
This 8 hour workshop will target staff with no or limited exposure to project management theory and practice who will need to lead projects/change initiatives in the near future. The target audience includes:
- Aspiring/emerging leaders
- People who won funding to implement ideas
- Staff leading or anticipating a project
- Front line and middle managers
- Accelerating Implementation Methodology trained staff.
How to access the course
You can register for Jump Start! An Introduction to Project Management via My Health Learning, course code 154553764
To find out more information, please contact us via email SESLHD-SIITrainingPrograms@health.nsw.gov.au
2022 Dates - Sydney/Sydney Eye Hospital, Claffy Theatre
- Friday 1st July
- Friday 26th August