Community Diabetes (ComDiab)
This program supports you to understand and self-manage your diabetes. ComDiab provides practical information around healthy food choices, being active and preventing complications. It supplements the education and care provided by your doctor.
The program is delivered by:
- a Registered Nurse
- a Dietitian
What we do
- small group education sessions (day and evening)
- email education bundles
- education is available in languages other than English
- programs can be tailored for people with specific needs
This program is for:
- adults with uncomplicated Type 2 diabetes, post gestational diabetes or pre-diabetes
- families and carers of people with uncomplicated Type 2 diabetes, post gestational diabetes or pre-diabetes
How do you access this service?
If you live in the St George area or Sutherland Shire:
- Call the Access and Referral Centre on 02-9113 3999
If you live in the Eastern Suburbs:
- Call the Access and Referral Centre on 02-9369 0400
Your doctor can refer you, or you can get in touch yourself.
See the following useful resources:
- Diabetes NSW/ACT Helps people in NSW/ACT living with or at risk of diabetes, their families, friends and carers with resources, education and events.
- Diabetes Australia National body for people affected by all types of diabetes and those at risk. Works with diabetes health professionals and educators, researchers and healthcare providers.
- Central and Eastern Sydney Primary Health Network Government-funded, local not-for-profit aiming to improve coordination of care to ensure people receive the right care in the right place at the right time
- Get Healthy Free telephone health coaching to help you reach your healthy lifestyle goals.