What should I expect?
We do not have many available places in this program. So we need your full committment.
The program runs for two full weeks and your attendance is required every week day.
- You will attend an appointment for your pre-clinic assessment a few days prior to your start date. At this time you will also discuss the program requirements and sign a contract. You will be given your mitt and anything else you need.
- You will be setting some goals when you come to this appointment, so have a think about what you would like to achieve with your arm. This could be something like drinking from a cup, brushing your hair or sewing. We will help you to make your goals realistic and achievable.
During the Program
- You will attend the clinic from 9am – 1pm each day (where you will receive one-on-one therapy) and use your weak arm the entire time.
- Your mitt will stay on your good arm.
- You will have a morning tea break with the other participants. Bring your morning tea.
- When you are at home, you will be expected to wear your mitt for 90% of the hours that you are awake. This will be negotiated at your initial clinic visit.
- You will have homework of approximately 1 hour per day and fill out a homework log.
- You will attend a final appointment a few days after your program to do your final assessment.
- You will set some goals at your last session so that we can help you to continue using your arm at home after the program.
Click to find out if you are eligible
Click to return to previous menu