Older Persons' Mental Health Service's - Annual Positive Ageing Forums
The Older People's Mental Health Service (formally known as the Aged Care Psychiatry Service) hosts an annual free public health initiative to promote healthy lifestyles in the older community by providing an awareness of strategies to reduce risk factors associated with psychological distress and memory disorders as we age.
The target group is people over 65 years of age living in the area served by the Eastern Suburbs Mental Health Services.
The forum objectives are:
- To promote physical and mental wellness within the older community.
- To provide awareness of risk factors in late life that can contribute to psychological distress, cognitive decline and dementia.
- To provide accessible evidence-based information about strategies to improve quality of late life.
- To dispel myths and stigma related to ageing, mental illness and memory loss.
- To network residents with local community organisations.
The format is a half-day forum, focusing on issues relevant to older people, their families, carers and health and aged care providers. Content includes a strong knowledge translation component, highlighting current research on positive ageing strategies that can be incorporated into the daily routines of older people.
To view past forum presentations, please select the relevant forum from the list below.
SAVE THE DATE:
25 October 2023, 10am -1pm
To receive updates, please email: