Surgical, Anaesthetics and Perioperative Clinical Stream
The Surgical, Anaesthetic and Peri-operative Services Clinical Stream considers and recommends clinical strategies, programs and models of care that are responsive to changing population, technological, community expectation and health needs.
|ENT/head and neck
|Renal transplant *
|Liver services *
*Across two streams
- Improve equity of access, quality and outcomes for patients across the district at an international, best practice level
- To advocate for and ensure effective, efficient, valued and appropriate clinical services across the LHD and to assist in the monitoring and evaluation of the quality of clinical services
- Lead service direction, planning and improvement by coordinating district wide collaboration and responses regarding the best interest of the workforce across the district
- Develop and assist implementation of Models of Care
- Drive quality and safety
- Coordinate responses to the pillars
- Coordinate standardization of relevant policies and guidelines
- Promote standardisation
- Reduce unwarranted clinical variation
- Support site-based quality improvement projects
- To ensure establishment and maintenance of effective working relationships with the tertiary education sector in the conduct of teaching, education and clinical research; and, foster a culture of innovation and continuous improvement in the clinical workforce
- Strategies for the development of skills for the clinical workforce and that there is succession planning for the future
- To develop, recommend and implement stream plans for improving the quality and integration of clinical services across the district and to ensure that these are consistent with other LHD clinical service plans.
Partnering for Healthier Communities
- Elective Surgery Performance / Waitlist Reduction
- Supporting initiatives to improve Elective Surgery performance across the District, support resumption of elective surgery at all sites.
- All sites are working towards 000 December 2023, plans have been submitted to MOH. Collaborative care models in place.
Shaping the Future
- Virtual care models
- Innovative technology shaping the future of health and social care
- Shaping the future by working with clinicians, the Strategy, Innovation and Improvement team and Virtual Care Hub to incorporate virtual care models into surgical practice