Local public dental services will be brought together under one roof with the opening of a new clinic set to reshape the St George community’s access to public dental care.
The new 12 chair, Kogarah Community Dental Clinic, located at 2 Belgrave Street Kogarah is currently under construction and is expected to open late Februrary - early March 2021.
The new clinic will deliver modern, multidisciplinary care to eligible residents of South Eastern Sydney Local Health District. Services will include general, preventive and urgent dental care, improved access to some specialist services as well as community education programs and outreach.
Eight dental chairs currently spread across three smaller clinics in the St George area will be brought together with four new dental chairs to create the large 12 chair Kogarah Community Dental Clinic.
The following existing clinics will close on Friday 18 December, 2020:
- Bond Street, Hurstville (adult clinic)
- Rockdale Public School (child clinic)
- Hurstville Public School (child clinic)
Good oral health is very important for general health. Access to dental care, together with oral health education are essential steps in improving the oral health of our community.
Dental services are provided free of charge to community members who reside within South Eastern Sydney Local Health District’s boundaries and meet the eligibility criteria:
- All children aged 0-18 years who are eligible for Medicare.
- Adults (18 years and older) who are eligible for Medicare and hold (or are listed as a dependent) on one of the following valid Australian Government concession cards: Health Care Card, Pensioner Concession Card or Commonwealth Seniors Health Card.
Public dental services can be accessed via the Oral Health Central Intake Centre on 1300 134 226.
For further information email: SESLHD-OralHealthMail@health.nsw.gov.au