Prince of Wales Hospital
Prince of Wales Hospital is a major tertiary, quaternary referral and teaching hospital in Eastern Sydney, offering a comprehensive range of services, including:
- Medical Imaging;
- Interventional Cardiac Services;
- Renal Transplantation;
- HIV Medicine;
- Infectious Diseases;
- Thalassaemia service;
- a comprehensive Epilepsy service;
- Spinal Medicine; and
- the State's Hyperbaric chamber.
The POWH campus also contains the NSW Health Science Alliance and The Bright Alliance’s Nelune Comprehensive Cancer Centre and Scientia Clinical Research.
Medical Imaging Department - Prince of Wales Hospital
Radiology services for Prince of Wales, Sydney Children’s Hospital Randwick and the Royal Hospital for Women are provided by the Prince of Wales Medical Imaging Department.
One of the 4 "home" hospitals in LAN 3 where trainees are based, where trainees receive regular or daily tutorials.
Notable subspecialties for LAN 3 training purposes includes:
- Paediatric Radiology (at Sydney Children’s Hospital);
- Breast Imaging (including access to Breast Screen NSW and NSW Women’s Breast Centre); and
- Angiography and Interventional Radiology (including Interventional Neuroradiology).