Dental and Maxillofacial Department
How we can help you
We provide medical and surgical care for patients with head, neck, facial, mouth or dental injuries or illnesses.
Our services include:
- routine dental care for adults and children with special needs including people with autism or experience developmental delay
- surgical correction of the jaw or orthodontic services for patients with cleft palate or craniofacial patients from Sydney Children's hospital
- implants for facial prostheses
- designing special feeding plates for newborns with cleft lip/palates
- care for patients with head and neck cancer.
We also provide 24/7 treatment for emergency dental or facial trauma and infections through the emergency departments of both Prince of Wales Hospital and Sydney Children's Hospital.
Our team includes:
- Maxillofacial Surgeons and their Registrars
- Dental Assistants who make appointments and answer your queries
- Dental Technician who makes prostheses for dental and maxillofacial patients
We work in partnership with the referring specialists and doctors of both Prince of Wales and Sydney Children Hospitals and the emergency departments of these hospitals.
We work with Sydney Dental Hospital Maxillofacial Special Prosthetic Department and their Orthodontic Department.
We also partner with Sutherland Hospital for maxillofacial surgery services.
The dental and maxillofacial department has doctor clinics at set times, these include:
LIST CLINICS, SPECIALISTS, DATES AND CONTACT NUMBERS
|Clinic||Services||Days, Times||Contact phone|
|Dental clinic||Dental treatment and advice|
|Orthodontist clinic||Our Orthodontist provides orthodontic treatment.|
|Maxillofacial clinic||Our maxillofacial surgeon or his registrar will look after you if you have a facial trauma, facial infection, mouth disease or need surgery on your jaw.|
Do you need an interpreter?
Please let us know if you need an interpreter. You can contact us telephoning the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 131 450. Tell the operator what language you speak, and then ask the interpreter to set up a telephone conversation between you, an interpreter, and the Dental and Maxillofacial Clinic on 9382 2245.
We are a hospital based service and only accept referrals from Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney Children’s Hospital and The Royal Hospital for Women.
We will ring you or send you a letter for an appointment, or you can call us on 9382 2245 between 8.30am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday to make or cancel an appointment.
If you are booked for surgery then you will need to ring 9382 2222 and ask for Admissions Office at Prince of Wales Hospital or Sydney Children Hospital.
Depending on the urgency, you may be seen within 24 hours, a few days or a few weeks.
For Orthodontics, the waiting period maybe 6 to 12 months.
- Your referral letter if you have one
- All X-rays related to your problem
- List of all the medicines you are currently taking
- Your Medicare card
Please let us know if you need an interpreter. You can contact us telephoning the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 131 450. Tell the operator what language you speak and then ask the interpreter to set up a telephone conversation between you, an interpreter, and the healthcare professional you want to speak with.